1 July 2012

Peter Hollard, artist

I want to share a link with you today. I've been developing the Maleny Community Newsletter for the Neighbourhood Centre which will cover general club and group news in Maleny. Instead of using clipart for the masthead, I wanted to give a more human touch that showed where we were from and what we're about. There was a slight problem though, I had no money. 

A friend told me about a friend of his and I phoned Peter Hollard.

Peter is a local artist and teacher. I expected to have to convince him what a great idea this is but as soon as I mentioned the Neighbourhood Centre, he said "yes"! He's such a talented and generous man, I thought you'd like to see his blog. When the first edition of the Newsletter is out, I'll show it here, in the meantime, here is Peter's blog.  Please note, there are Life Drawings on the blog.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Thanks for the link! You have such a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to the link to Peter's blog. I moved to Australia 18 months ago - its good to discover other artists near Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, Thank you for this link, Peter is an amazing artist. His drawings are full character.
    By the way, if you are ever looking for extra images to add to the newsletter, both Flickr & Google have advanced search settings that allow you to search for images licensed under 'Creative Commons'. There are several different licenses and you'll need to check for individual images. Most of them allow use for non-commercial purposes. Let me know if you want more information about this.
    Kind Regards, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed looking at Peter's work. Thanks Rhonda for linking to him and I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with for the neighbourhood centre project.
    Lusi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing stuff. The drawings in the grass are the first lawn I've ever seen that looks like a reason to have a lawn in the first place. Good on him, donating his talent to the Neighborhood Centre!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig